Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WEDNESDAYS...

Wednesdays cannot come quick enough. It is a day that I look forward to starting on Monday. It's the one day during the work week that I get to spend with Lucas while I work from home.  Although this Wednesday wasn't the bliss I had anticipated.  Lucas was a jerk.. a cute jerk.. but still a jerk. He refused to take a nap. Actually, I lie, he took one 30 minute nap and one 15 minute nap.  So from the time he woke up (5am) until the time I put him to bed (8pm), the cute little jerk only slept 45 minutes. If this was any other day (weekend I guess) I would have GLADLY embraced his spunk for the day. BUT today is Wednesday and I had to work.  This made it extemely difficult when he refused to let me put him down and would not sleep for all the breastmilk in the world. If he got drowsy enough to where I thought there was a slight chance he would actually fall asleep, I would practically hold my breath, terrified that I would make a noise to distract him from drifting into slumber. As you already know, this did not work. Instead he sat on my lap almost all day, gumming the computer cords while I worked.

It's funny, today was the first day that I got a glimpse of some brattiness.. I knew it was coming since I was hell on wheels as a young child (specifically in the tantrum department) but I must say I was a little surprised to see it so early. His cries were more like yells today and when I tried to put him down for a mili-second he would get angry and actually swat at me! LOL. I can laugh now...

No comments:

Post a Comment