Wednesday, June 8, 2011

4 MONTH DOC APPT.

It's official.. Lucas has seen every doctor in Gilbert. LOL! I realize I'm SUPER high maintenance when it comes to doctors but c'mon! Unfortunately my search for a great doctor that can meet my ridiculously high standards will continue. Anyway, his 4 month appointment went well. He is 15 lbs 8 oz (50-75th%) and 25.75 inches (75th%).  Doc said to ignore the percentile for his weight since it isn't accurate due to him just getting over being sick.  He was actually that same weight 3 weeks prior and had gotten down to 15 lbs from all the vomitting. We discussed some sleep issues that he's been having and also discussed introducing fruits and veggies.  I can't believe how fast he is growing up!!  I have to say though.. 4 months is MY FAVORITE age so far!  I know I probably said that about 3 months but now 4 months has it beat. I swear every morning he wakes up cuter. :) He laughs all the time, is constantly smiling and is just so adorable when he "talks" and squeals.  I really do think that he is just enjoying life which makes me happy. As for what's new with him.. he just got over a short phase of not wanting to sleep at night which was pretty brutal.. but I think he's over that now since he's done well the past several nights and then slept a whopping 13 HOURS last night (just woke up once at 2am to eat). He continues to love to stand and can even stand up all by himself if holding onto something (like the couch).. I don't think they are supposed to be able to do this yet but I'm not surprised since he's been "standing" since he was just one month.  He rolls from front to back but hasn't figured out back to front yet, he just rolls from his back to his sides when he's playing with his feet. One thing that he does now that cracks me up is he holds my nose while he eats.. sometimes he even sticks a finger in each nostril. LOL! He also LOVES to spit and blow bubbles.. He has been doing great eating cereal this past month and we look forward to start trying some fruit and veggies. Oh and we are slowly weaning him off of one of his acid reflux meds and he seems to be doing really well so that is a huge relief.  I'm secretly hoping that he won't need any of the meds by 6 months..

No comments:

Post a Comment