Thursday, June 23, 2011

POO:30

I could only imagine how the conversation began but when Doug and I were dating he told me about this roommate he used to have (I won't name any names) that would come home in the afternoon every day at the EXACT same time to go number 2, or as I call it these days, poopy. Eventually this special time came to be called "poo:30" or "poo o'clock." It was an ongoing joke that he would be home between poo and poo:30 to claim his place on the thrown. I don't even know that the roommate new about this nickname for his special time but regardless, I thought it was pretty funny.  Even funnier when Doug's telling about it.  Well recently I was reminded of poo:30 as I was feeding Lucas his dinner.  I realized that for the last 3 or 4 evenings EVERY time we sit down for dinner and get him settled in his highchair, he takes 2 or 3 bites of food and then takes an intermission while his butt explodes... I'm holding back giving the details but it reminds me of a scene in Along Came Polly, although he's at the dinner table and I just took a bite of food. Talk about an inconvenient time for poo:30.

I tried to capture the moment tonight (what proud mom doesn't like to show off her sons poo face??) but this is all I got...

This is not the official poo face (which involves him going slightly crosseyed and turning up his lips) but as you can see from the veins about to burst from his forehead...he was still doing some damage.. I think he was using Sophie as leverage.

 Proud of his work.. and happy that he now has room in his tummy to finish his dinner

 Got sick of the peas so took a break to eat his Giraffe

 Total food coma.  I bet he wishes he could poo again at this point..

  Finished strong with a second wind... mmmmmm.... peas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment