Saturday, May 21, 2011

SICK BABY :(

I can't believe it's been over a week now... well over a month if I'm counting from when he first got sick.. I returned to work and Lucas started daycare on April 18th.. and that same week my little boy got sick.. started with a little congestion that turned into a bad cough that just would not go away. I finally decided to take him to the doctor the week before last to see if there was anything they could do (I didn't take him sooner because he didn't have a fever and his boogs were still clear).  Well the doc diagnosed him with Bronchiolitis and an URI and put him on antibiotics. That was a Wednesday. The following Saturday we found him in a huge pool of throw up when he woke up (saddest thing in the world because I have no idea how long he was laying in it!!!) then later that afternoon I witnessed the worst projectile vomitting I have EVER seen. It was so bad I started crying.. although it didn't seem to bother Lucas in the least.  We went straight to Urgent Care and they told us to take him off the antibiotics and that he should have never been put on them in the first place. They then gave us breathing treatments to help with his wheezing.. Then Sunday came and he was still vomitting and I was now worried about dehydration since he was barely wetting diapers - so off to the ER we went. We are lucky to live very close to a great Childrens Hospital.  They did blood work, a chest x-ray and gave him IV fluids for dehydration. They said he had probable slight pneumonia and gave us a different antibiotic, took him off the breathing treatments and gave us this little contraption to pound on his chest with (to break up any mucus in his lungs).. Monday rolls around and he is STILL vomitting :( AND wheezing..  so I make another doctor appointment (with a different pediatrician since I don't want him going back to his original doc)... long story short (kinda too late for that I guess) - he's now seen five different doctors and my baby is still vomitting. :(  I thought we were finally in the clear this weekend but then he threw up again today... it is awful and I don't know what is causing it.  He is happy as can be though and his lungs now sound crystal clear (according to his last doc appointment this past week).. we just don't know why he keeps throwing up!!  All the docs thought it was from the antibiotics but it is now Saturday and he hasn't had any antibiotics since Monday.. Just hoping and praying that he gets better soon..  :( :(

No comments:

Post a Comment