Monday, April 4, 2011

SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT

This past week marked a pretty awesome milestone... SLEEP!!! Lucas started sleeping in 6 hour blocks several weeks ago which then turned into 7 hours and then 8 hours and now for the past few nights he has slept 9.5 and 10 hours!!! To be honest, I was worried this day would never come but alas it is here. I'm actually scared to be sharing this right now because I'm afraid I will jinx it and he might revert to 4 hour sleeping blocks.. but I had to share because it might just be my favorite milestone yet! But with every positive comes a negative I guess because since I'm nursing my tatas haven't yet received the memo that Lucas will not be eating throughout the night... which means when I wake up I look like Dolly Parton and am in SERIOUS pain. I swear this morning I almost cried.. but supposedly as he continues to sleep in long stretches my body will start to regulate around his schedule.. thank goodness! Anyway, YAY for sleep!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You may have to get up to pump those first few nights that he's sleeping through. Just think of it as buying you some time for later. The stored milk will allow you some Mommy freedom another day! ;) Glad to hear he's sleeping now!

    ReplyDelete