Thursday, February 9, 2012

HARD TO BELIEVE. MUFFIN TURNED 1

I think I'm still in a bit of denial that my baby has crossed over into toddlerhood.  I mean, 1?! Seriously? I feel like it won't be long before I'm handing over the car keys!  Okay.. maybe that is a bit of a stretch.. but still.. I can't believe my baby is one year old!!  He couldn't possibly be more fabulous though.. he is by far the most amazing little person in the entire world and he brings out more love in us than we ever thought possible.  I am seriously obsessed with him! LOL. Can't get enough of this face!

Lucas had been taking several steps (and then falling) for quite some time now but then ON his birthday he actually started to walk long distances!! It was very exciting. He looks too little to be walking but it is so adorable.  And you can tell by the look on his face that he is super excited (and a little shocked) about his new found mobility. He has really blossomed over the past few months and is moving away from his once shy demeanor to a much more adventerous and outgoing little person. 

He loves to talk gibberish and actual says several words now. "mama", "dada", "daaaaah" (dog), "hi", "bye bye" (accompanied by a wave), "ball", "uh" (uh oh), oh and I can't forget "bah bah" (for his bottle).  He will let you know when he wants one!! And he loves to repeat sounds that you make.

He is also in a pointing phase where he points at EVERYTHING he sees and waits for me to tell him all about it.  I know he is soaking it all up like a sponge. He also loves his bedtime stories and has become much more involved lately.  For example, when we read Brown Bear he gets REALLY excited when we get to the dog page because he loves to point and show me that he knows what it is "daaaah"  "daaaaah"  "daaaaah".. so cute.

So back to his actual birthday. Doug and I decided that it would be best celebrated as a family day so we both took the day off of work and spent it with the birthday boy.  We started the day with a BIG stack of blueberry pancakes (which he ate half of one so I was VERY proud!) and ended it with a fun day at the zoo where Granny joined us.  The weather was PERFECT and it was all around a great day. I think Lucas enjoyed the zoo but he didn't seem too phased by the animals. It was fun pointing them out and telling him what each of them were..but I'm pretty sure he thought they were all some sort of dog anyway ("daaaaaaaaaaaaaah").









 he LOVES to feed me his food. :)


 Check out the feet on this bird! They are almost as large as its body!

Creepiest eyes EVER.

LOL!
This thing looked SO real!  I practically jumped out of my skin when we turned the corner...  then it attacked Doug. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment